Vacancy for: Project Coordinator
Based: Hanoi, Vietnam
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Our fundamental mission is to provide support to critical areas and promote a cultural exchange that will benefit both our volunteers and the communities in which they work. We’re looking for a flexible, dynamic, and motivated person to coordinate operations and logistics associated with the volunteers’ daily routines on the Medicine project in Hanoi. The Project Coordinator is in charge of supervising the volunteers, meeting their daily needs, organising field activities and working with medical placements to finetune structure of work being done by volunteers and ensure project quality.
- Meet volunteers on arrival and conduct thorough cultural induction through their host and their placement and ensure that they receive all necessary training and support during their placement.
- Ensure that each new volunteer feels welcome and secure in new environment.
- Ensure volunteers have a set work structure for their placements.
- Run periodical workshops and meetings with volunteers.
- Complete monthly reports of your project with updates on key achievements and progress made towards project goals.
- Manage outreaches for all medical volunteers. Develop and monitor worthwhile campaigns when necessary.
- Maintain effective communication between our medical and other related placements, volunteers and the local office, helping to increase the worthwhileness of our projects for our local partners and the volunteers.
- Get to know and build a good relationship with each volunteer. Ensuring you listen and respond positively to questions and queries they have.
- Establish new work placements and projects for future volunteers and strengthen existing ones.
- Complete feedback sessions with volunteers.
- Deal with problems and complaints as they arrive. Resolve any issues that may arise with volunteers and escalate to Country Director where necessary.
- Be available for emergencies 24 hours a day.
- Bachelor of Science Degree (B.Sc.) or equivalent in Medical Sciences, Medical Technology or Nursing or any other related field with at least 3 years experience
- Proven ability to formulate and implement operational plans
- Experience working with culturally diverse population
- Proven ability to plan and execute projects for a culturally diverse group as well as community interventions and partnership building among stakeholders at all levels
- Experience in project development and management
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet
You will be under a temporary contract. An offer of employment depends on a personal interview and satisfactory references.
To apply: click on the apply button and upload a CV and a cover letter. Do not send applications by email.