Program Advisor - USA
Vacancy for: Program Advisor
Based: New York
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Projects Abroad is the leading organisation recruiting young people from the UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Australia and Japan to do worthwhile voluntary work overseas. Annually we recruit over 10,000 enthusiastic volunteers to over 30 developing countries. We put enormous importance on the welfare of our volunteers during their time with us overseas – our global team is committed to providing our volunteers with worthwhile work and the experience of a lifetime.
We’re looking for new Programme Advisor to join our team and help inspire potential volunteers to join one of our exciting volunteering placements abroad.
- Develop a relationship with our prospects and their families to advise on Projects Abroad projects
- Communicate with prospects by answering emails, telephone calls and online live chats
- Find out their needs and motivations and match them to the most suitable project
- Collaborate with colleagues in order to have up-to-date information about our projects and products
- Occasionally assist with events outside of the office
- Occasionally take part in familiarisation visits to destinations in order to gain information and actual experience that can help promote Projects Abroad programmes
- Be fluent in English, both spoken and written – knowledge of French or Spanish is desirable
- Have experience working or traveling in a developing country – preferably doing volunteer work in one of our destination countries
- Have excellent writing skills and a professional telephone manner (essential)
- Be empathetic and have a thirst for travel
- Have experience in sales (preferred but not vital)
- Be located in or willing to relocate to New York
- Be legally eligible to work in USA
Program Advisors are employed on a permanent contract, subject to a three-month probationary period. Salaries are dependent on experience. Agreed day-to-day work-related expenses and employer-funded health insurance are also provided; vacation time starts at twenty days per year.
Please complete the application form and upload a CV and cover letter.
Strong candidates will be contacted to arrange a telephone interview and/or in-person interview.
Application Deadline: 19th August