Program Advisor - Canada
Vacancy for: Program Advisor
Based: Toronto, Canada
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
The Program Advisor is an entry-level position on the Recruitment team at Projects Abroad Canada.
- Promote Projects Abroad, both in-person and remotely (online chat, email and telephone)
- Design informational materials for perspective volunteers, both in print and online
- Advise prospective volunteers (in English and at times in French) on the best countries and projects to suit their interests
- Assist upcoming volunteers prepare for the trips, and liaise with other Projects Abroad offices around the world
- Be a university graduate in Marketing, Business, Communications, International development or other relevant degree
- Be fluent in English, both spoken and written – an intermediate/advanced knowledge of French is desirable
- Have spent a significant amount of time working or travelling in a developing country – preferably doing volunteer work in one of our destination countries
- Be creative, self-reliant and flexible. You should be prepared to work in a fun but small, open office environment
- Have good phone and interpersonal skills, knowledge of MS Office programs, and well-honed writing abilities. An interest in international affairs is desirable
- Be located in or willing to relocate to Toronto
- Be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Program Advisors are employed on a permanent contract, subject to a three-month probationary period. Salary starts at $36,000. Agreed day-to-day work-related expenses and employer-funded health and dental insurance are also provided.
Please complete the application form and upload a CV and cover letter.
Strong candidates will be contacted to arrange a telephone interview and/or in-person interview.
Application Deadline: Monday, November 6th